With the holiday season just around the corner, now is a good time to make sure your home or business is secure whilst you are away. Jewellery, cash, mobile phones and portable computers remain the most popular items with thieves. The average loss following a theft is estimated at €700.
Carry out a simple survey of your property yourself, especially on the rear of your house. Remember, if you can break in to your own property, the criminal will have little difficulty also.
- Are all your doors and windows lockable and secure? Never hide spare keys outside, the criminals know all your favourite hiding spots.
- Store your ladders and other garden tools securely. Extend your alarm to protect your shed.
- Have a trusted neighbour keep an eye on your house. Cancel any deliveries and keep your lawn mowed. Refrain from posting on social media that you will be away.
- Mark your items of property with an engraver or UV pen with your postal Eircode. This deters theft and helps Gardaí return property to its rightful owner.
- Join your local text alert scheme which will keep you informed of recent criminal activity.
- Make your home look occupied with timer lights. Have a car parked in your drive.
- Keep your gates closed. Criminals will always select the easy option.
- Install and maintain a monitored alarm system in line with best Gardaí crime prevention advice. Alarm monitoring typically costs less than 0.50cent per day and add-on services include alarm response services and mobile patrols to check on properties.
– John Delaney, Technology Director, GGL Security
To enquire about alarm monitoring and other security services contact GGL Security 1890 929 900 (ROI only) or +353 61 319 077 or email email@example.com
See a full list of our services here